Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A Hat in a Bowl

I have a hat wardrobe appropriate for a professional knitter.  Meaning, I have a lot of hats.  I might not look good  in all of them, but I do enjoy knitting them.  My most recent is the Slouchy Eyelet Hat, from Breean Elyse Miller's City Cables Collection.  Bree did a trunk show a few weeks ago at the shop, and I just loved everything in the ebook.   I have a French Braid Cowl on the needles as well.  The hat is knit with a strand of worsted, and a strand of a mohair/silk blend.  In this case, Malabrigo Worsted, color Polvoriento, and Alchemy Haiku, color possibly Sweet Berry Pie.  The Haiku gives the stitches some dimention, and adds a lovely halo.  This hat is going to match the French Braid Cowl, which is in another color of the Malabrigo Worsted.  Isn't that a great yarn bowl?  I ran into an old photostyling friend of mine, who's establishing her career as an art potter, in the Trader Joe's parking lot near the shop.  She told me she was making one of a kind yarn bowls.  Barbara brought them into the shop, and we went a little nuts for them.  Each one is unique!  I wanted a few, but stopped at two. 

No comments: