Friday, July 13, 2012

Domestic Bliss

There may have been a time when I thought I would put the ironing board away, but the truth is, I use the iron a lot.  I work on quilts in spurts, and the board stays up right outside the office/studio/messiest room in the apartment, in the hallway next to the kitchen.  I wore a hole into the last ironing board cover.  I purchased it maybe three years ago.  While I loved the fabric, as time went by, I developed a dislike for the maker of said cover.  I'm kind of happy to have her bad karma away from my board.  This new, fresh cover, was purchased from an Etsy shop.  I had a hard time deciding on just the one, as Paula uses fabrics I love, including Denyse Schmidt, Amy Butler, and Joel Dewberry.  I finally settled on this one, a retro kitchen items print fabric that sort of matches my retro inspired kitchen.  This board makes me happy.  Hopefully it will inspire beautiful sewing and quilting, until I wear another hole in it. 

No comments: