Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Give Me a Cool Icy Drink

Happy Fourth of July.  We're inside at Lucky Penny HQ, with the air conditioner on, the curtains drawn, and just trying to stay cool.  Activities today included knitting, crocheting, napping, and some sewing.  It was just too hot for me to get in a car and drive somewhere.  A few weeks ago, I got a sun/heat rash on my forearms, so inside seems good all around.  This heat is outrageous!  Our politicians have pretty much ignored climate change, even though part of the country is on fire, so I'm wondering if this is our future.  Wise up, people.  We need better infrastructure, green energy, and a lot of sunscreen.
This is a quilt that I made last year for Piccolo.  It's mostly Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley Fabrics, and some Heather Ross dogs.  The flip side has some spot treatment too, so it's reversible! 

No comments: