Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Post Mortem

I'm calling my wrap up of this year post mortem, because for me, it was a year of loss. The photo is me at the Lake Michigan shore during Michigan Fiber Festival weekend, one of the happier memories of 2012. A few months after, my circle of friends was one fewer, and a few days after the trip, I lost the dog of my life.
Definitely not my best year. but the work continues for me to build a happy life. I have the best job ever, and I'm thankful every day that I can knit and sew. Without that, I would have nothing. It's very likely that I will let my professional credential expire. After three years of not using it, I don't consider it to be a safety net.
The elections in November were a highlight for me. I was super relieved to find out that with all the money thrown at it, the election still couldn't be bought. I fear what would happen if it could.
I continue to be super happy in my little apartment. The Man and I? That continues as well, although there are moments when I think, I could break up right now.
Madeline and I are still working on our relationship. After her health issues, I totally get why she is my pet. A friend says that my doggie angel Piccolo sent her to me.
I continue to knit on. The more I do it, the more I want to. I just wish I could knit faster.
Plans for 2013? I'll leave that for my next post.

No comments: