Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Happy 2013

The new year started with a Madeline health crisis, and the Lucky Penny household having a financial meltdown. I've fallen into this pattern where there are more expenses in January and July. with no reserves left from December. Fortunately my teaching schedule has picked up once again.
One thing that I really need is a new computer. Mine is over five years old, and I want to start publishing for real.
I have been giving serious thought to the future of Lucky Penny, and may eliminate doing shows entirely. I would like to wholesale to some high end stores outside of the Midwest. I've known for a long time that my customer is not here. I do also need to focus on more design work, which is why I want a new laptop. For my personal knitting, there's always the issue of finishing works in progress.
My first finished piece of 2013 was a quilt! Stay tuned.

No comments: