Monday, May 12, 2014

Go Deep

We got back last week from the big industry trade show.  Not as action packed as in years past, but inspiration was found just the same.  I am obsessed with some designers and some yarns, including the one I knit the Steppenwolf sweater in:  Shibui Knits Pebble.  Luscious.  I am lusting after a few new designs that use this yarn.  The garments that I like the most for me are simple in design, but have interesting construction details.  One of the things that I noticed is that the designers that I like the best have something in common with me.  Maturity.  I was a little tickled by that, I must admit.  So I have returned wanting to knit more.  I am also approaching round two of me and book editors.  We'll see how that pans out. A proposal is in the works.
I purchased another knitting machine.  A standard gauge.  I just now need to locate some transfer tools and latch hooks.  Any apartment that I move into will have to include an option for storage.  Rents have increased (according to the NY times, 30%), and the Lucky Penny studio/household may need to downsize, including getting rid of some furniture pieces.

No comments: