Friday, December 26, 2014

I'm Older

This past week, I had another birthday.  My favorite gift was the home made cake with buttercream icing that I had been craving.  I'm finishing the last of it as I write this post.  This is the second of four hats I have made with this pattern, Skiff, in the last Brooklyn Tweed collection.  I was obsessed with this color, Homemade Jam.  One of the pattern samples is exactly like this.  The only modification to the pattern was additional decreases at the top, so the tail isn't drawn through 40+ stitches.  This is a real concern if you're knitting with Shelter,  My yarn broke as I was drawing through the live stitches, so I had to improvise a save with some sturdier yarn.  This hat is really warm with the large cuff, and so far this winter, despite all predictions to the contrary, has been very mild.  I've used a somewhat lighter weight yarn to knit two Skiff hats for friends.  More on that to follow.
I'm gearing up for what is going to be a busy week, which includes being out of the crumbling Lucky Penny studio for some in home pet care at someone else's home.
I'm putting thoughts together for my 2014 year in review.  I'll be glad to put this one behind me.

No comments: