Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Don't Get Out Much

I had finished this sweater weeks before I got around to purchasing and attaching buttons.  This is the Truss cardigan from Wool People 9.  Knit in Briggs and Little Heritage, with Bakelite buttons purchased at Soutache.  The yarn was purchased at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival last September.  I had some other yarn in mind, like Cumbria and Blackberry Ridge, but Heritage won due to cost factor.  That's okay, because I love Heritage.  The color is Grey Heather, which does not describe the many heathery colors that are blended in the yarn.  Including purple, which is why the buttons are so perfect.
I had to pick up the sleeves and knit them top down because knit flat, they didn't fit the armseye, and the cuffs were grafted to the sleeves.  I modified the buttonholes to use a method that I learned at one of Catherine Lowe's classes at Vogue Knitting Live.
I mostly prefer pullovers to cardigans, but I just love this.  I've been keeping it near to pop on over anything whenever the apartment feels a little chilly.  I wore it out to a work site earlier this week, and my colleagues commented on how perfect the color was for me.  I've known for some time that blue-greens are my power color.

No comments: