Thursday, June 02, 2016

I Only Want to See You Panting in the Purple Sweater

If you've been following me for a while, you know that for the most part, I dislike, detest even, summer.  I just don't like to be hot.  I'm not as productive as I would like to be, and I can just feel the energy drained from me as the temperature starts to rise.  It doesn't help that I don't sleep as well, trying to stay cool next to the blast furnace known as the Man, and often end up on the sofa that sits directly beneath a ceiling fan.  I'm sorry that Mad and I won't be wearing much wool.  I have to come up with meals that mean not turning on an oven after a season of preparing comfort foods.  It's more difficult to travel in a hot car when there are different opinions on air conditioning.  It has not even gotten over 90 degrees here and I'm uncomfortable.   I think I'm going back to lay under the fan this evening.  Fortunately, for the most part, I can knit from a reclined position.
The sweater Madeline is wearing is the Madeline Basic 4.5, that I worked in a gradient using two strands of Brooklyn Tweed loft.

No comments: